Select Your Learning Style
Facilitator-led 2 Day Program (Classroom)
eLearning format (Self-paced)
Please refer to Pricing Page for cost per participant
How can you facilitate, rather than control, group decision-making and team interaction? With no formal training, people may find it difficult to make the transition from instructors or managers to facilitators. This course has been created to make core facilitation skills better understood and readily available for your organization. It represents materials and ideas that have been tested and refined over twenty years of active facilitation in all types of settings.
What Will Participants Learn?
- How to distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- How to identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- The difference between content and process
- The stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining your role and how facilitators work
- Establishing ground rules
- Content and process
- Types of thinking
- Dealing with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Communication skills
- Listening for common ground
- Common facilitation techniques
- Giving effective feedback
- The language of facilitation
- Dealing with difficult dynamics
- Building sustainable agreements
- Stages of team development
- Analysis tools
What’s Included in Your Learning Style?
- Self-paced eLearning OR
- Interactive class environment – Facilitator-Led
- Specialized course materials and resources
- Personalized certificate of completion