Select Your Learning Style
Facilitator-led 3 Day Program (Classroom)
eLearning format (Self-paced)
Please refer to Pricing Page for cost per participant
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training that helps them adjust to their new role. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This program can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and to set the groundwork for a successful change in your working life!
What Will Participants Learn?
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
What Topics are Covered?
- Adjusting to your role
- Action-centered leadership
- Making plans and setting goals
- Defining leadership
- The Situational Leadership Model®
- What’s your type? How about mine?
- Team building tips
- Communication skills and motivating employees
- Orientation and on-boarding
- Training tips and tricks
- Providing feedback and doing delegation right
- Dealing with conflict and managing discipline issues
What’s Included in Your Learning Style?
- Self-paced eLearning OR
- Interactive class environment – Facilitator-led
- Specialized course materials and resources
- Personalized certificate of completion