Select Your Learning Style
Facilitator-led 3 Day Program (Classroom)
eLearning format (Self-paced)
Please refer to Pricing Page for cost per participant
In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This training program will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
What Will Participants Learn?
- Discuss current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioural description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining human resources
- Skills inventory and job analysis
- Position profiles and job descriptions
- Finding candidates and advertising guidelines
- Preparing for and conducting the interview
- Employee orientation and on-boarding
- Planning training and external providers
- Performance reviews
- Attendance management and diversity
- Privacy issues and compensation and benefits
- Managing disciplinary issues and termination
- Exit interviews
What’s Included in Your Learning Style?
- Self-paced eLearning OR
- Interactive class environment – Facilitator-led
- Specialized course materials and resources
- Personalized certificate of completion
Learn more about Human Resources Manager Training in the pdf below