Select Your Learning Style
Facilitator-led 1 Day Program (Classroom)
eLearning format (Self-paced)
Please refer to Pricing Page for cost per participant
Workplace accidents and injuries cost corporations millions of dollars and thousands of hours lost every year. They also have a profound, often lifelong impact on workers. Introducing a safety culture into your organization, where safety is valued as an integral part of the business’s operation, not only saves the business time and money, it also builds a committed, loyal, healthy workforce. This course will give you the foundation to start building your safety culture.
What Will Participants Learn?
- Understand the difference between a safety program and a safety culture
- Use resources to help you understand the regulations in your area
- Launch a safety committee
- Identify hazards and reduce them
- Apply hiring measures that can improve safety
- Explain what a safety training program will involve
- Identify groups particularly at risk for injury and know how to protect them
- Help your organization write, implement, and review a safety plan
- Respond to incidents and near misses
- Understand the basics of accident investigation and documentation
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining a safety culture
- Governing bodies and resources
- Getting started
- Identifying hazards
- Resolving hazards
- Taking proactive measures
- Identifying groups at risk
- Writing a safety plan
- Implementing the plan
- Incident management
- Reviewing the program
What’s Included in Your Learning Style?
- Self-paced eLearning OR
- Interactive class environment – Facilitator-led
- Specialized course materials and resources
- Personalized certificate of completion